Full-flavored handcrafted coffee, without filters, coils, plungers or the mess!
Coffee lovers, meet the Impress Coffee Brewer – the one-cup-at-a-time handcrafted coffee brewer. No paper filters, electric mechanisms, risky balancing acts or fussy coils and plungers… just a great cup of coffee. Well designed and impeccably produced by Gamila Products, a very creative ID firm lead by Aly Khalifa right here in Raleigh, NC!
The Impress is a 2-piece, patent-pending, stainless steel, double-walled, single serving coffee brewer. It brews a superb cup of coffee in 3 minutes or less.
The handcrafted quality of the Impress is outstanding and the design is very sleek. This coffee brewer is completely mobile – brew some coffee in the morning, bring your Impress with you, go fishing and enjoy a hot cup of great tasting coffee many hours later.
The triple insulated outer cup acts as the vessel for your coffee grounds and ensures that your drink stays HOT.
The inner cup nests inside the outer and acts as a reverse flow filter (which is a fancy design of tiny holes that trap the grounds below the finished coffee), allowing in only your favorite coffee flavor and nothing else. No more over-brewed bitterness or muddy sediment!
How Does The Impress Work?
- FILL: Add Coffee Grounds & Hot Water – Add 4-5 Tablespoons of fresh grounds (medium to course grind recommended) in the outer cup and pour in hot water. Adjust amounts according to taste preferences: increase the coffee-to-water ratio for stronger coffee, or decrease for lighter coffee.
- BREW: Wait 3 Minutes – Using near-boiling water (195-205 degrees), saturate the grounds and let the coffee “bloom” or puff up for a 20-30 seconds. Then pour 10-13 oz of the hot water over the grounds to fill the brewing vessel. Leave at least 1/2″ of space at the top to leave room for the inner press. You can use the top of the dot pattern as a fill guide.Let hot water and grounds brew for 3 minutes. Stirring or agitating the coffee can slightly reduce brewing time.
- PRESS: Be Gentle – Slowly, push the inner cup all the way down until fully nested, allowing clean, rich coffee to flow up through the filter while simultaneously containing the grounds below. The brewing stops once you have completed this step. (WARNING: Excessive force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot upwards. Only use gentle pressure.)
- ENJOY: Cheers! – Grinds stay below the filter and won’t interfere with the delicious finished coffee. It will not continue to brew either! The coffee stays HOT—REALLY HOT! To drink within the first 20–30 minutes, we recommend pouring into your favorite mug. Or if you prefer to carry it with you and wait at least 30 minutes and enjoy right from the vessel.
- CLEAN: Quick and Easy – Separate the inner and outer cup layers, knock out the grounds and give it a quick rinse to be ready for your next delicious cup.
WARNING: YOUR COFFEE WILL BE VERY HOT!
- Always test the temperature of your coffee with the lid off before drinking from the lid.
- Do not overfill. Leave at least 1/2” space at top for press.
- Only use gentle pressure when pressing. Excessive force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot upwards.
- Do not press unless lid is in place.
- Keep hands & face clear of lid steam holes.
- Always test temperature before drinking.
- Not for stove-top use.
Watch the video below to see Aly, creator of The Impress, explain how to brew your own delicious Impress cup of coffee:
5 PIECES: double-walled outer cup, nesting inner cup with removable filter basket, silicone lid
SIZE: 6″ tall, 3.375″ diameter (approximate)
VOLUME: recommended 13 oz (max = 14 oz)
MATERIALS: 304 Stainless Steel, food-grade Silicone
MICRO-FILTER: 304 Stainless Steel, removable for washing
CARE: Top-rack dishwasher safe (hand-wash outer cup to protect print)